Founded in 1948, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 275,000 members in over 160 countries, the Society is the leading provider of resources to serve the needs of HR professionals and advance the professional practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates. SHRM Forums exist in 11 countries including Pakistan. Visit SHRM online
Thousands of HR resources at your fingertips, access to hundreds of professional development opportunities—at your desk or across the country.
Benefits of SHRM Online Membership:
- Monthly issues of HR Magazine.
- Sample tools, templates, job descriptions.
- HR toolkits and how to guide.
- Research reports, surveys and trends.
- Free videos and webcasts on HR hot topics.
- HR Knowledge Center – Ask an Expert Service.
- E-newsletters on 11 HR Disciplines.
- SHRM Connect online networking forum.
- Strategize and Save Time with research findings and best practices as well as hundreds of sample policies, presentations, metrics calculators and much more.
- Stay Informed on legislative updates so you can feel confident, stay compliant, and plan for changes that may affect your organization.
- Discounts on conferences, seminars, certification preparation, e-Learning, and books and products from the SHRM Store.
- Receive Recognition for Your Commitment with an official membership e-certificate from the largest HR association in the world.
- Build Connections and get feedback and advice from 285,000 members across the globe.
- HR vendor directory.
- Click for more details about SHRM Membership and Membership Benefits
- SHRM online Membership fee is $95 per year.
SHRM HR Competency Standard
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR association and leading provider of resources to serve the needs of HR professionals and advance the practices of HR management. For more than 60 years, SHRM has supported more than 100,000 employers representing 140 million employees worldwide. Considering the increasing role of HR in organization performance, the SHRM has developed HR Competency Model, based on 3 years’ rigorous global research in collaboration with 32,000 professionals and employers, 640 CHROs, 111 focus groups in 33 countries around the world.
SHRM HR Competency Model comprises of 8 BEHAVIORAL competencies (Leadership & Navigation, Business Acumen, Ethical Practice, Relationship Management, Consultation, Critical Evaluation, Global & Cultural Effectiveness and Communication). HR Technical competencies have been grouped in 3 domains PEOPLE (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards) ORGANIZATION (HR Structure, OD, Workforce Management, Employee Relations, Technology Management) WORKPLACE (Global HR, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management and Corporate Social Responsibility).
SHRM HR Competency Model has a mechanism for its learning and testing around the globe. SHRM has developed 2 Certifications SHRM-Certified Professional for operational HR professionals and Senior Certified Professional for strategic HR professionals. These certifications are just like a License to practice HR and they have positioned HR profession as “Center of Expertise for Workforce Productivity” and therefore worldwide organizations have got more than 100,000 professionals certified during past 2 years
SHRM Forum organizes HR Competency Day every quarter at Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. Business and HR leaders are invited to speak regarding practical application of HR competencies to drive business growth. Forum members are invited to take part in discussion and networking.