Why HR Idol
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. We now live and work in a global economy, in which geographic borders are virtually non-existent, and innovation, agility and strategy are critical success factors. The HR profession operates at the core of this global economy, ensuring the alignment of organizational strategy with a high-performing workforce. The Society for Human Resource Management (world largest HR association) has developed SHRM HR Body of Competency & Knowledge, which consists of key HR competencies to succeed in this complex business market. SHRM Body of Competency & Knowledge comprises of 8 behavioral competencies and 14 technical competencies to become well rounded HR profession. The competencies are mapped according to operational or strategic role of HR professionals with clear deliverables.
HR Idol Expectations and Benefits
More than 120,000 HR professionals across the globe have got certified on HR Competency Model, in which they are tested for ability to apply technical expertise to solve business challenges through situational judgement questions. Worldwide the employers have greatly appreciated this breakthrough. In Pakistan, there are 127 SHRM Certified HR professionals. To improve recognition of SHRM certified and to facilitate other HR professionals in learning HR Competencies, HR Metrics is introducing HR Idol Scheme as under:
- All SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP are eligible to become member of HR Idol Network in 5 zones in Pakistan including Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta. Every zone will be led by senior most SHRM Certified professional. There will be a Chief HR Idol at country level, to be elected on yearly basis.
- HR Idols are expected to contribute towards competency building of HR community by delivering 2 presentations (one behavioral and one technical competency) in face to face or virtual session.
- They will also be expected to conduct same presentation in their parent university for HR degree program.
- On the feedback scale 1-5, if the presenters get rating 4 or above, will be awarded “HR Idol” badge, Certificate of Appreciation, 2 PDCs for recertification, Complimentary invitation for networking lunch with CEOs/CHROs during HR events at Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad during year end 2018.
- All SHRM-CP/SCP to intimate willingness and competency of choice and name of university latest by 30 Nov.
- HR Metrics will develop 2018 planner for face to face/virtual sessions and will share with idols before 31 Dec
- HR Metrics will provide Introductory Letter in the name of University to concerned Idol.
- Contents for presentation will be provided by HR Metrics. HR Idol will ensure its delivery and obtain feedback.